I don’t know about you, but I love cheese dip. This is a twist on basic Velveeta cheese dip that I came up with a couple of weeks ago for a church potluck. I have seen ideas on the internet using cream cheese mixed with Velveeta to make dip. It works quite well, and is quite tasty. Serve this with your favorite dipping chips and enjoy!
- 1/3 block Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. salsa
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3 finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup tomato, peeled and diced
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the Velveeta and cream cheese with milk.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Add salsa, pepper, onions, and tomato.
- Mix until well combined.
- Serve with your favorite chips.
*Note: You can also cook this in a crock pot. Just dump all ingredients into crock, mix together, and cook on low until cheese is melted and smooth. Stir occasionally to keep edges from burning.