Now here’s a fun little side that could be a good addition to your Super Bowl Party menu. I found this idea on Pinterest as well. It’s really simple and really versatile. Not to mention, it makes a nice presentation. I use roasting size potatoes, which worked, but it would probably be even better if you used tiny potatoes (fingerlings). That’s just my thought. There’s not really a site (that I know of) with an exact recipe for these, but they’re so easy, they really don’t need a recipe.
- Wash and boil potatoes whole. (Just make as many as needed.)
- Once the potatoes are soft, remove from water and place on a baking sheet.
- Using a spoon or spatula, squish the potato.
- Season as you see fit. (I put a dollop of butter on each potato, and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley flakes.)
- Cook until tips and edges are crispy in a 350-degree oven.
- drizzle on your favorite cooking oil
- chopped green onion (the green part)
- bacon bits
- sour cream (added after baking)
- shredded cheese (added after baking)