Chicken, chicken, chicken….There are so many ways to cook it, yet My Honey just doesn’t like most of them. That, of course, leaves me to searching for new ways to cook chicken with recipes similar enough to my husband’s favorites and different enough to satisfy my need for something new. For this particular idea, I must thank Rachel Ray and the Cake Boss. I have seen them on Rachel’s show cooking crispy chicken strips using crushed crackers and/or coarse bread crumbs. And now I welcome to the world, Cracker-Coated Chicken! Similar to shake-n-bake yet not exactly the same thing.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 2/3 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp. Fiesta style Ranch dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a second bowl, whisk together milk and egg
- In a third bowl, mix together crackers and ranch dressing.
- Rinse chicken tenders in running water.
- One at a time coat tenders in flour mixture.
- Dip in egg mixture.
- Coat in cracker mixture.
- Place in glass baking dish.*
- Cook for about 20 minutes in a 400-degree oven.
*Note: If you have it available, use a cookie sheet with a wire baking rack to cook chicken. Place the rack inside the cookie sheet, and place the chicken tenders on the rack. This allows the tenders to cook evenly all the way around without the bottom becoming soggy. Perfectly crispy tenders! Mmmm!