My step-mom introduced me to breakfast burritos many years ago, and I think they are great! You can cutomize them to your tastes (or whatever you have in your fridge), they are quick and easy, and you can even wrap them up in a napkin and take them on the go. This recipe is a very basic one, using what I had on hand, but it can easily be altered. You can add any number of vegetables or peppers that you want, different flavors of cheese (if any at all), add sausage and/or bacon, make big burritos or little burritos, even add potatos if you want. Pretty much the only requirements are eggs and tortillas. You can even fry the egg if you prefer them that way. So, once again, have fun!
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 fajita style tortilla shells
- 2-3 tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small skillet or saucepan, melt butter.
- Add eggs to melted butter in skillet and scramble.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Put chopped tomatoes on tortilla shells. Put eggs on top of tomatoes.
- Top with cheese.
- Fold into tiny burritos, and warm in microwave again for about 10 seconds.