Believe it or not, I got the idea for this recipe from a Hellman’s Mayonnaise commercial. If you want their official recipe, then just got to www.hellmans.com. My recipe, though, is very versatile. You can change out the Italian seasonings for ranch, Cavendar’s, cajun seasoning, or just whatever melts your butter at the time. Have fun with it and enjoy your creation!
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese
- Wash chicken in cold running water.
- Trim off fatty portions from chicken.
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whip mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese until well mixed.
- Brush the tops of the chicken with the mayonnaise paste.
- Place on center rack in a 400-degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until the juices run clear and the mayonnaise paste has crusted and browned. If the chicken is not done inside and the crust is, cover the dish with aluminum foil and continue baking until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before serving.
*Note: Poultry should always be cooked through.
😀 With over 1200 views, this is my most viewed post to date! I never in a million years would have guessed it would be so popular when I first posted it. I am amazed. Thank you to all my readers! You are fabulous! 😀